Monday, May 15, 2006

...so does the fool to his folly

Why do I keep playing at Poker Stars? I know its the hardest field/engine to beat consistenly! So why do I keep going back? Because I have something to prove. I just hope I figure out what the hell it is.

Mothers day was once again a knees-bent running about day. I visited so many mothers, that there has to be an offensive joke in it somewhere.

I also seem to be perpetually broke, despite making a decent living. Where does it all go? Why does it keep going? Does it have a destination in mind when it leaves?

I bubbled my last two practice sessions at the 45 player SnGs. This time I was in the top 5 most of the way, then my A8s made a steal attempt that was picked off by the BB with A3o. WTF? and... IGHN. Can't be sad though. As TJ says, "you get your money in ahead, its all you can do." Feh!

2 comments:

PokerLongShot said...

Columbo, Interesting your point about PS being the 'hardest field/engine to beat consistently'. I've played both PokerStars and Party with more success at Party with the Sit & Goes but I've gravited to PokerRoom.com lately. The multi table tournaments there seem to average a manageable number of players and oddly enough they seem to be better.

columbo (at eifco dot org) said...

Oh, dont get me wrong. I love the structures on PS. I am just saying that if we assigned a weight/score to the average player on each site, PS would be the highest.

At Party, playing cash, I can usually double up playing low stakes hold ém in a reasonable amount of time. At PS, It may take a while and sometimes just isnt going to happen.