Monday, July 16, 2007

How does one play an O8B tournament

Ok, I thought Hold'em could be a crap shoot, but O8B with escalating blinds structure will be the death of me. Has anyone written a good article about this?

I played good O8B last night for a while, then the blinds started moving up. Suddenly, I realize I am two lost pots from done. I got rivered (from scoop to 1/2 the pot) TWICE, then rivered twice after that for scoops from half. IGHN.

How does one just shove in O8B? In the immortal words of Jerry Seinfeld, "Who are these people?"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

a) You have to hit a flop

b) If you don't hit the flop, rarely does a continuation bet make sense unless you're playing PL/NL and can force people off their low/straight/flush draws.

c) Catch cards, always chase with odds, get lucky