Thursday, October 25, 2007

kill me now

Full Tilt Poker Game #3968013984: Riverchasers Online Poker Tour (29542848), Table 3 - 120/240 Ante 25 - No Limit Hold'em - 22:43:43 ET - 2007/10/25

At this point, I am in the top ten and playing well enough to make Hoyazo proud of his prediction. At the first break, I am over 8k in chips!!

About 30 minutes later...

Seat 1: Kajagugu (2,455)
Seat 2: morrdt (10,891)
Seat 3: GScottW (4,765)
Seat 4: presidentdave (6,180)
Seat 5: columbo (9,965)
Seat 6: TheCloserX5 (3,460)
Seat 7: jjok (5,625)
Seat 8: chitwood (4,350)
Seat 9: peacecorn (9,555)
antes 25
columbo posts the small blind of 120
TheCloserX5 posts the big blind of 240
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to columbo [As Ad]
jjok folds
chitwood folds
peacecorn folds
Kajagugu folds
morrdt folds
GScottW folds
presidentdave raises to 1,200
columbo has 15 seconds left to act
columbo: why so much?
columbo has requested TIME
columbo raises to 4,065

OMG, I am a sly fox...

TheCloserX5 folds
presidentdave has 15 seconds left to act
presidentdave has requested TIME
presidentdave raises to 6,155, and is all in
columbo calls 2,090
presidentdave shows [Qh Ah]
columbo shows [As Ad]
*** FLOP *** [5h 2c Qd]
presidentdave: gg
*** TURN *** [5h 2c Qd] [6h]
*** RIVER *** [5h 2c Qd 6h] [Th]
presidentdave shows a flush, Ace high
columbo shows a pair of Aces
presidentdave wins the pot (12,775) with a flush, Ace high
chitwood: ugh
Kajagugu: lol
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 12,775

jjok: ughhhh
Kajagugu: that blows
Kajagugu: but nothing new
Kajagugu: and kudos on the speech

All that great play to that point, just to have enough chips to survive that.

I immediately tilt with 88 and get a push from the blind. I call to see TT but flop a set. I am gifted back to exactly average. But at 150/300/25, I had better pick up some hands.

bleed, bleed... 45 left now... still tilt-y, but trying to detach from it...

limp from LP, button all-in for 2900 ( I have 6500), I have 44. I go into the tank for a LONG time and fold. A4 and 22. Oh, and the Ace hit. But had I been able to SEE their cards, I would have called. Thus, I made a bad read. But lived...

slightly under avg now...
But the button raises to 2k and I have AQ in the SB. I push big time and get the folds. Back to average and 13th of 38th at break 2. M will be 8 in the next level.
Our ability to maneuver is running out of time.

drop my 3rd hammer to steal the blinds...

Seat 8: iam23skidoo (20,769)
antes 75
columbo posts the small blind of 300
TheCloserX5 posts the big blind of 600
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to columbo [7s 7c]
jjok folds
iam23skidoo raises to 2,400
peacecorn folds
pokerpeaker folds
GScottW folds
presidentdave folds
columbo has 15 seconds left to act
I in REALLY thinking about folding here... So hard to play out of position and this is a difficult hand to push with...

columbo calls 2,100
TheCloserX5 folds
*** FLOP *** [Js 7d 9h]
columbo bets 1,600
ok, this is just brilliant. It looks like a wimpy-weak bet or a blocking bet. There is no way I wont get raised here.

iam23skidoo raises to 3,200
columbo raises to 7,905, and is all in
iam23skidoo has 15 seconds left to act
iam23skidoo folds

Back to my rightful place. I am 6th now.

I pass on my normal steal opportunities with 9Ts in MP. I am conserving my chips. But at 300/600/75, I will have to play a hand a rotation or bleed.

This time I call a short stack all in with 44 and he shows J9. He hits everything including a kitchen sink... Back to Average, 27 left. 400/800/100 now at a full table. But even so, I fold 33 from EP.

24 left, we just made the BBT2 points. Payouts start at 18... below avg due to folding and antes. Push is my policy when Q<1... especially FTA (first to act)
yet, no cards to play. Bleeding... lots of pressure from all sides... chipleader is directly on my right...

500/1000/125, here coms the push monkey level... and my BB...
63o, big stackk all-in again to me. I cant play back! the terrible run continues like a polluted stream, 63, 52, 5T, Q4, pick a hand! gonna hafta! I wish I had that 9Ts or 33 now!

A9s but UtG. Have to push... called by AKs (what else?). IGHN 22nd. no money.

This was emotionally draining. I put myself in a position to make a run TWICE and could not capitalize on it. The end-game of these larger fields is perplexing me...

Should I push with K4o UtG to avoid the 1k blind?

--------------------------------------------------------

Earlier in the tournament, during my run-up, this happened just before the break. It REALLY bothered me...

Seat 2: morrdt (6,055)
Seat 3: GScottW (3,010)
Seat 4: XxMagiciaNxX (2,543)
Seat 5: columbo (8,345)
Seat 6: garthmeister (2,445)
Seat 7: sellthekids (2,935)
Seat 8: chitwood (4,525)
Seat 9: peacecorn (5,340)
GScottW posts the small blind of 50
XxMagiciaNxX posts the big blind of 100
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to columbo [2c 3c]
columbo folds
garthmeister folds
sellthekids folds
chitwood folds
peacecorn folds
morrdt raises to 350
GScottW folds
XxMagiciaNxX raises to 2,543, and is all in
morrdt calls 2,193
XxMagiciaNxX shows [Qc Th]
morrdt shows [Ts Kd]
*** FLOP *** [Ks Qs Kc]
*** TURN *** [Ks Qs Kc] [6s]
*** RIVER *** [Ks Qs Kc 6s] [8h]
XxMagiciaNxX shows two pair, Kings and Queens
morrdt shows three of a kind, Kings
morrdt wins the pot (5,136) with three of a kind, Kings
XxMagiciaNxX stands up

Why did this bother me? Looked like a "chip dump". Bothered me for 30 minutes and I wasnt even in the hand! Who RE-Raises with QT, all-in no less, when they still have a stack? And when you get put all-in and you have KT, do you call like this?

I know its all coincidence, but at the time it plagued me. I eventually let it go, but here is why I wrote about it: Can you see how ENGAGED I was? That is concentration and second senses operating. I am developing an instinct for things to look for. That is encouraging! I never would have caught this pattern even 6 months ago.

Did not help my finish though.

3 comments:

Joe (aka Unimpressed) said...

I could quite possibly toss that to Support just to make sure they weren't from the same IP or anything like that.

SirFWALGMan said...

lol. Dude. These are called Donkeyments for a reason. Blackjack hands are like the most common mistake idiots makes. Good run though. Glad I did not have to play you tonight. :).

lucko said...

Restealing from a button opener with QTo and 25 big blinds really looks like a chip dump to you? The KTo call was pretty sick, but I think you are playing way too tight if this hand looks suspicious to you.