Sunday, May 31, 2009

So this is it

That last night of the BBT4. And in effect, the last night of training.

I have always been transparent in this blog, writing thought and strategies even if they turn out to be wild or unfounded. But the blog is one that chronicles a journey, and a long one at that. After 5 years, I strive to be more than I am.

The last year has been a wild one. Major job change, winning a 24k, breaking my back, seeking the mentoring of a pro, and realizing once again that the journey never truly ends.

Despite my results over the last year, I feel that I am better than I am last year when I satellited my way in via my home-town league. I am constantly experimenting now with advanced concepts instead of intermediate ones.

There is one day left in my "training schedule" to the WSOP, today's BBT4 events. I am 16th overall and despite that solid running, I hope this is no aspersion to any of the players in saying how disapointed I am that I am not in the top 10. There is no one to blame but myself, and I cant place much of the results on beats. With a event sampling size as large as this 3 month series, its silly to dwell on the one or two where you went out 11th.

Although this does remind of the 32ks over the last 6 months where I went down with 100 left to a brutal beat, sabotaging my repeat success.

I have thoughts about how I will approach the NLHE event 39, but that can wait. For today, I am prepared mentally for the challenge. I will be no easy mark today. My biggest mistake over the last week was playing to conservative close between 20-15 places left. I can not let myself fall into that trap again.

Good luck everyone.

No comments: