Monday, February 07, 2011

Talk about Cliche

If you want to win a tournament, you have to win your share of races. Once again, I played well but went 0 for 1 in the results column. Avoiding getting my money in behind and not calling off with 44, got me to 13th (of 30), but was surprised when KT called my eventual all-in. He had 1600 in the BB and I moved in for only 8.5k, so its not awful. But he is very lucky there I have 99. King on the river and its over for me.

So much comes down to a big race. And I made two huge moves on pots with air just to get that far, so I cant hide behind being passive. I doubled up early (to 20k), but ended up having to release 3 hands in big pots over the next 90 minutes, that put me back to 12k, which forced the inevitable cliche.

You got to win a race. Especially the FIRST.

1 comment:

ken said...

great