Saturday, July 02, 2005

SUCK OUT!! SUCKOUT!! SUCKOUTSSSS!!!

Played in the $.25/.50 at PS determined to be a winner. It was a capped buyin of $50 and I played solid poker. I had learned about adjusting to the small blind tables and I was up $35 bucks. I was playing Viper style, coiled and ready to strike whenever I was ahead. I was pulling it off too... Then, it got really good. I was dealt pocket aces on the button. A couple of limpers, so I raise just 2xBB. The BB raises to $4. Wow, he has a good hand. Let's see how good. I raise to $12. He raises to $18. Well, he only had $34 and I realize right now he has Kings. JOY!! I put him all in and sure enough KK vs.AA. A 5-1 dog!!
Flop 9-J-Q (Ironically, he is only a 4 to one dog now, as he picks up 4 outs. Turn is a blank. River is a K. SUCKOUT. I finish the night up $1.10

Ironically, both times I had ACES vs. KINGS in my life, I determined that I was against Kings, got the Kings pot committed and lost BOTH TIMES. All the times I had KK vs. AA I got away from it. A lone exception was a limit game where I called it down for 2 more bets, but I knew that time too. I don't think HE knew here, he just SUCKED OUT!!! GEZ.

Next morning, I am playing Viper style with much less sucess. After about an hour, I am down $3. Then I get a good chance. Hold'em No Limit ($0.10/$0.25)

Seat #5 is the button
Seat 2: Columbo777 ($22.70 in chips)
Seat 3: SpacePeople ($4.40 in chips)
Seat 4: chelseabass ($5.85 in chips)
Seat 5: Funk ($34.35 in chips)
Seat 6: Gatzoo ($9.50 in chips)
Seat 7: NAMR0N ($10.70 in chips)
Seat 9: Cerentano ($17.15 in chips)
Gatzoo: posts small blind $0.10
NAMR0N: posts big blind $0.25
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Columbo777 [Ts Qd]
Cerentano: calls $0.25
Columbo777: calls $0.25
SpacePeople: calls $0.25
chelseabass: calls $0.25
Funk: folds
Gatzoo: folds
NAMR0N: checks
pot $1.35
*** FLOP *** [2s 9c Jc]
NAMR0N: checks
Cerentano: checks
Columbo777: checks
SpacePeople: bets $0.50 Probably has a J or a 9.
chelseabass: folds
NAMR0N: calls $0.50
bknot22 joins the table at seat #1
Cerentano: calls $0.50
Columbo777: calls $0.50 sure, I am drawing, but its the minimum into $2.85 and I like the implied odds. Viper style is all about implied odds.
*** TURN *** [2s 9c Jc] [Kc] JOY!!!! 3 clubs or not, I think I am the best hand here.
NAMR0N: checks
Cerentano: checks
Columbo777: bets $0.25 VALUE BET
SpacePeople: raises $0.75 to $1 ohh, definelty not the 9. For sure the Jack, probably with a club kicker.
NAMR0N: folds
Cerentano: folds
Columbo777: raises $20.95 to $21.95 and is all-in (he will call this)
SpacePeople: calls $2.65 and is all-in (yup)
*** RIVER *** [2s 9c Jc Kc] [Js]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Columbo777: shows [Ts Qd] (a straight, Nine to King)
SpacePeople: shows [Jh 2h] (a full house, Jacks full of Deuces)
SpacePeople collected $10.15 from pot
SUCKOUT. He atleast played this decent. He had J2 in the BB, flopped 2 pair. By the time he got put all in, he only had 1/2 his $5 stack left. But GEZ, what luck. He called without a club (he must have put me on a flush bluff). Hitting a 4 outer AGAIN. I end the morning down $8.

WHAT DOES IT TAKE?!

No comments: