Thursday, September 15, 2005

pissing away small amounts of money

I played cards last night and put everyone on the right hand at first. I had TP and a guy reraised me on the river. Smelled like 2 pair, but I called. 10% of my stack gone. Then I have KK and the MP raises. I reraise and he is the only caller. The flop is QT3 and he bets 1/2 the pot. I re-raise and he goes all in. Well, there are really only 2 possible hands here (or he's a complete idiot). The AA (in which case I am way behind) or QQ (in which case I am WAY behind). Any lower pocket pair no longer makes sense because he went all in with the Q on the board. Yet, I call with the KK because I had raised so much, it was only another 25oo to call into 100oo. So, he flips over the QQ. I actually cheered because I made the right read. But I lost almost all my chips. Finally, short stacked and all-in with Ax, I was outdrawn by the BB with Q4o.

AFTER this, I could not seem to read solidly in the side cash game. I made one really good call, but again, I played poorly short handed. This USED to be the strength of my game (or so I thought).

Frustrated.

No comments: