Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Consequences, Schmonsequences

I CALLED off my stack last night. Are you kidding me? After all this time playing cards, after 2 hours of crawling back from a crippled stack, I CALL off my stack?! Heeeee –f’n –Haaaw

My list of rules that I am going to put on a card, laminate, and then staple to my f’n head so I don’t forget.

1. Don’t eat the peppered beef.
2. Play against the grain.
3. A pair is just a pair (even when its TP or an overpair).
4. Tighten up after level 2.
5. The large the field, the harder you push marginal edges. (also see inverse)
6. Try to see flop from superior position with calling hands if Q > 1 and M>15.
7. Its ok to be a push monkey after the bubble, but not when you are deep stacked.
8. Risk the appropriate amount. (MAKE GOOD DECISION BASED ON M,Q and field size. You need to know where you are while risking the appropriate amount)

2 comments:

Matt said...

Be sure to write it backwards so you can read it in a mirror.

I made that mistake.

Aloha,
Matt

columbo (at eifco dot org) said...

I actually made the card. it has my top 10 rules for playing a tournament on one side, and a picture of columbo on the other side. I used business card stock to print them.