Friday, July 17, 2009

Trip to the MGM detroit

The family was camping and I stayed behind to work, so I took to the streets one night and ended up at the MGM. The 2-5 had only 1 table, so I sat down at 1-2 and tilted soon after.

I am playing tight, but not having a lot of luck. I even had to fold a flush to a higher flush. But then, I get dealt AA UtG. I expected some stupid raise, so I limped and sure enough a raise to $8 and then a raise to $20 from a guy with only $55 left. Then the kid (ac/dc muscle shirt) flats the $20. He only has $100 behind. I make it $100 to go and the $8 folder folds right away. The rest of the action is a testament as to why Hold 'em is the game of choice among donks.

Guy who made it $20 says out loud, "I know I am beat, but its my last $30" and pushes it in.

Guy on his right who flatted his call, "thinks" for about 10 seconds and piles in his entire stack.

First guy has KQo (not even a pair). But wait for it...
Second guy has AQo!? with the Ace of diamonds.

The flop is all diamonds and the river a diamond and he makes the one card flush.

I am down like $250 now for the night and he has $280 in front of him.

Fast forward a couple of hours. I won most of my money back, while he lost his entire $280 and another $100 on top of that. Best of all, he liked to bluff the river. Each time he did, someone would call and he would say "good call".

Amazing how hard it is to be a big favorite in a HE hand.

No comments: