Wednesday, September 15, 2010

More Thoughts

Got my ass out of the office this week and rode my new bike to the grocery store. I had watched the WSOP coverage the night before, and as I recalled the information I was amazed at how few interesting hands there were. I mean, most played themselves. Very boring. Even the occasion bluff seemed well timed and a good spot for it. I even followed Jean-Robert Bellande's bluff logic as he bet 3 streets into trips I think. Happens.

I am disappointed that the Lions are already on their back-up QB. I guess the NFL is not like poker. No injury substitutions.

Playing the 6-max $22k today. I like the format. You see more "stab bluffs" that have to be countered, and players show more patterns in 6-max.

Job? yeah, yeah, let me finish Mass Effect 2 first. ok, seriously, two jobs with 3rd interviews this week. People afraid of making a mistake I presume.

I still like MSFT for a buy and hold. The revenue stream from xbox live is so good, that PS3 and Wii were forced to add those services. That and they print money like IBM does as of late. Equities = gambol

2 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

I don't know if it was the same deal, but I saw Jean-Robert Bellande three-barrell into the nut flush. Tough when you try to represent what the other guy is holding.

GL with the job hunt.

columbo (at eifco dot org) said...

Yup, that was it. But I understood his read and why he thought he would get away with it. I would have been very surprised if he had not fired the 3rd barrel.