Monday, November 07, 2005

dig the hole, jump in, cover it with vines

Setting a trap? Nope, more like finding a "kick me" sign on you back and then remembering that you made the sign, layed it on a chair, then later forget about it and sat in the chair.

Here now, exposed for ALL to see, is quite possible the WORST hand I ever played. Please not the rich depth of lessons to be learned here as I place an Asterick next to every (obvious) mistake.


PokerStars Game #2991291340: Tournament #14619755, Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level II (15/30) - 2005/11/06 - 19:38:35 (ET)
Table '14619755 1' Seat #4 is the button
BUTTON (1245 in chips)
BB : Columbo777 (1705 in chips)
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Columbo777 [Qc Jd]
one limper here
BUTTON: raises 90 to 120
Columbo777: calls 90 (defending a blind in LEVEL II) *
limper folds
*** FLOP *** [8c Tc Kc]
Columbo777: checks * (I flopped a straight draw and a flush draw and then relunquished control of the hand)
BUTTON: bets 210
Columbo777: calls 210 * (Says he has TP and that I am drawing and as a 50/50 calls)
*** TURN *** [8c Tc Kc] [8s]
Columbo777: checks * (only valid if I am folding, which is valid now that the board pairs)
Button: bets 450 (bets pot, again saying the he has TP and KNOWNS I am drawing)
Columbo777: calls 450 * (WTF? Since when am I a chaser?)
*** RIVER *** [8c Tc Kc 8s] [4d]
Columbo777: checks * (NOW I give up)
BUTTON: bets 465 and is all-in
Columbo777: folds (had NOTHING)
button collected 1605 from pot

say what you want about how poorly I played this hand (very poorly), but the biggest question is had is WHY? Why, post flop, would I check-call??? And even if it WAS justified (which it is not), to do it again on the turn, like some lotto-playing, chaser?


Of course, one hand is not enough to knock one out, but I ran into a bit of a bad run after this... ran into AA, got no action on KK, and eventually got outdrawn by an over card.

I make it to an SnG where I am strong, and punk out. That was $140 well spent, eh? Well, I cant really look at it that way as you can't get better without playing bigger games.

No comments: