Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Ever pitch a perfect game?

Well, I just came close. I pitched a 1-hitter. I played a 5 table SnG and made zero mistakes for a long time. I was below average the entire way, but had dodged monsters (AA twice) at every turn. Then, with 12 left, I double up to avg. Then, I steal my way to above avg with 11 left. I had properly identified the table changing to tight and stole them blind.

I was stealing so much, that when it was folded to me in the SB, I decided to limp with QJo just so the BB wouldn't attack me. He checks and we see a flop of 442. And he proceeds to let me bet the flop and the turn and check-calls. The turn was the Jack, so I suspect I am ahead. The river is an Ace and he checks, I bet and he check-raises. Now he re-raised only 1/3 of the pot, but I called. STOOPID. I KNOW I am beat here, but with what? He flip the BB nuts with 42.

Just then the tables merge to 1 and I notice that I could have folded my way to the money in 6th. Instead, I blow my no-hitter by giving up a home run. And that is saying alot considering how much I hate baseball.

No comments: