Sunday, November 06, 2005

Do you want the money or what Jay has in the box?

PokerStars Tournament #14619983, No Limit Hold'em
Super Satellite
Buy-In: $5.00/$0.50 (I rebought to double chips after the first hand, DESPITE my policy of NOT doing that. So I was into this sucker for $11)

274 players <= that's alot of players
Total Prize Pool: $4775.00
Target Tournament #14619755 Buy-In: $175.00
27 tickets to the target tournament

Tournament started - 2005/11/06 - 16:45:00 (ET)

Dear Columbo777,

You finished the tournament in 1st place.
You qualified to play in Tournament #14619755 and are automatically registered for it.
See Tournament #14619755 Lobby for further details.

If you choose to unregister from this tournament your account will be credited
with 175.00 W$. W$ can be used to buy into any qualifying special PokerStars event.
Visit our web site at http://www.pokerstars.com/tournaments.html for more details.

This came the hard way, as with the blinds being 100% of everyone stacks in about 9 hands, I get JJ in the SB. Now I THINK I can fold my way there, but it will be CLOSE as the blinds go up every 5 seconds. Its folded to the button, who goes all-in. I fold it as does the BB and he shows 94s just to be a jerk. By the way, I made it by ONE hand (I was the $40k all-in BB next hand. $40k counted for 8th oeverall in chips at the time no less).

THEN, a spam message spews forth offering to BUY my entry the the $175 double shootout for $140. Righteous bucks. But I have never played in a big money satellite, nor a double shootout for real money. And I have nothing better to do with $140 bucks. So, I'm plunging in. In about 40 minutes. If there is no follow-up post, assume the worst.

Most amusing hand of the night. just before the rebuy period is over, 2 players get stupid and start moving all-in every hand. The 3rd time, I wakeup with KK and take down the both of them, plus another VERY loose caller with A9. It may have been early, but it sure helps to have dead money at your table anytime you can get it.

1 comment:

Pauly said...

Congrats!