Thursday, February 02, 2006

A Wango, Ze Tango

One of the many hellish cries from Detroit's own Ted Nugent. And it describes how I feel playing this new Hyper-Aggressive style.

PokerStars Tournament
No Limit Hold'emBuy-In: $1.00/$0.10
1814 playersTotal Prize Pool: $1814.00
Dear Columbo777, You finished the tournament in 67th place.
You earned 57.08 tournament leader points in this tournament.

PokerStars Tournament
No Limit Hold'emBuy-In: $0.10
2494 players
Dear Columbo777, You finished the tournament in 86th place.
You earned 29.30 tournament leader points in this tournament.

I have played five tournaments this week using this style. Five tournaments, 4 cashes. In ALL FIVE, I was eventually knocked out by pocket aces. ALL FIVE. The last one was:

I am EP and raise 3xBB with TT. I get a raise from a LP player and it folds around to me again. I think for a while and decide that since I am just over average (and so is he) that if I hit a set, I will take over this tournament. The flop is QdTd3d. A set on a dangerous board. Now, if you put him on a pair or AK, statistically we put him on 0-1 diamonds. IF he has AxAd, he is going to push me hard. So, BEFORE I even bet, I have to decide if I am going to take the chance as a 2 to 1 favorite. Well, there really is no choice. IF I want to accumulate chips, doind so as a 2-1 favorite is justified. I push all in and he calls with AxAd. The turn is a diamond.

I also ran KK in AA on a board of T83 rainbow, and ran TP into AA on the other 3 occasions. Now, obvoiusly there are times that a freakin read of the other player is in order. BUT, so many players out there will call off there stack with mid-pair or a draw, its more profitable to IGNORE trying to read an overpair most of the time (for now). But Mark my words, I will get better at seeing the oncoming truck in the tunnel. And I did blow an escape hatch last night when I felt my TP had run into a set.

Stay tuned...

No comments: