Friday, September 15, 2006

Right or Wrong pre-flop

I don't care how many people lecture me or cry foul. There is no RIGHT or WRONG pre-flop, only CONSEQUENCES.

If I decide to play J8o from late position and crack KK, I did not make a RIGHT OR WRONG decision pre-flop. I simply decided to accept the consequences of seeing that flop. What I do from THAT POINT can be right or wrong, sure. If I miss the flop and don't let it go, again its my fault. But accepting the consequences and seeing a flop, there is nothing WRONG about it.

And for those players out there who don't understand this, let me make it even more clear. What kind of player pushes all in with KK on a board of QT98 and 3 hearts just because I could not possibly have J8 in LP??? The one busting out of the tournament...

What's worse is the guy at the same table who does this 20 hands later, despite watching it happen to this poor sod.

PokerStars Tournament No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $4.00/$0.40
180 players
Total Prize Pool: $720.00

Dear Columbo,

You finished the tournament in 3rd place.

1 comment:

Wolverine Fan said...

Congratulations on a nice finish in the MTT.
How about those Wolverines against Notre Dame??!!