Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The trouble with reading players

There are too many variables for me to be reading players with only 2 years experience. So, I have come up with a set of metrics that I am going to try in an attempt to reduce the amount of information I have to process prior to a final table.

Here is want I want to know about each player:

1. What does his preflop raise mean? Better than avg hand? First into pot? speculative hand pot builder? LAG?

2. Post-Flop, what does a weak lead mean from him? And If I am out of position, what does a smooth call typically mean from him? Is a weak lead weak, or does he play backwards? Does he smooth call to attempt to play pots away or is a smooth call a big hand?

3. What is his correlation between VP$IP and Showdown %??? When he bets, is he going to war?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don’t be afraid to make a stone-cold bluff, a monster lay down, or a fantastic call, when you get a read on other online poker players. || advergame developer