Sunday, January 07, 2007

DRAWS

Are you watching POKER AFTER DARK? I was NOT, as my local affiliates of NBC suck ass. We'd rather waste the time wtih INFOMERCIALS. Thanks.

But I have started watching via the web site (viva l'internet!) and I have this observation...

It is SO nice to see poker on TV that isn't WPT all-in hold'em. Did you see in the very first 10 minutes Annie Duke and Gus Hanson play the OESD vs. the nut flush draw? Neither wanted to make the pot big on the flop. Why?

Memorize the following statement (and Mamuth will back me up on this)

IN DEEP STACK POKER (NOT TV POKER), PLAY YOUR WEAK DRAWS STRONG AND YOUR STRONG DRAWS WEAK.

There are many reasons why this is good and I could post lines and lines explaining it. But in a nutshell:

You are looking to TRAP in deep stack NLHE
You wish to control the pot size and win a hand quickly if your outs are limited

No comments: