Sunday, April 15, 2007

quick hand summary

Decent but not great player on my left at the 1-3 table.

I am on the button and raise it to 10. SB on my left reraises to 35 and the lone limper folds...

If he is playing AK out of position, I might punish him badly. If its JJ, I am so dead. I call to see the flop.

Flop is 677
He bets 35. You have about 90 behind.
Call? Raise? Fold? Me I called.

Turn was a 3 and he bets 35 again.
I get very suspicious. Why?

Well, if you have JJ, don't you go for me stack here knowing I am either behind or drawing?!

I consider a turn bet that is the same size as a flop bets, head up, a significant sign of worry. I think I am good here.
I push all in and he calls with 2 overs, the AK. The river is a 9 and I take about 120 off him with TT.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you were grubby, your opponent would have hit a K on the river.

Loren said...

Am I crazy here, or did you not tell us what cards you had?

I am guessing 10 10.

columbo (at eifco dot org) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

People betting the same size on the flop and turn is a great read that they are weak. Unfortunately against me they always have A2o, call my shove, then hit an ace on the river.

Unknown said...

Yeah, you really need to work on your hand summaries. You are forgetting your cards more and more.

Anonymous said...

He's playing the opponent rather than his own hand. Columbo's the frickin' man!

columbo (at eifco dot org) said...

I had TT