Tuesday, August 28, 2007

more 1-2 cash games

Well, went down a buy-in, then worked my second buy-in to 4 buy-ins. Then left with 3 buy-ins for a profit of 1 buy-in. But here was the biggest hand of interest...

UtG limps. MP limps, I limp with 8d7d, BB checks. Flop is 699. UtG bets 2xBB again. MP calls, I decide to call, BB folds.

Turn is the T. UtG checks, MP bets $20, I call. UtG moves all-in for $110. MP goes into the tank...

[FLASHBACK to 15 minutes ago]
EP moves all-in for $75 on a flush board. tank guy (again in MP) goes all-in with 2 pair, I call with a Ten flush. Original raiser shows 9 flush. River is blank and I rake a BIG pot.
[END FLASHBACK]

He moves all-in and has about $100 in chips. Now its decision time for me. 9T has me beat with a boat. But, 98 or 97 are very plausible hands, which I am ahead of. Could they both have a 9?! That is certainly the best case. But if one of them does not, what does he have? T8? T7? TT? JJ? JT? so hard to put someone on the second hand...

I call. UtG ALSO has 87 for the straight. Tank guy called off his stack AGAIN with 2 pair as a 5-1 dog. River is a 10 and I lose a buy-in of profit.

2 comments:

Mike Maloney said...

Man, he called all-in with a 10 on a board like that? Brilliant. Yeah, I'm sure his top pair is good there. Tough break.

osinsh said...

ahh. shit. again.