Monday, October 02, 2006

Twisting in the wind with Omaha

Played PLO on Saturday in the ante-up tournament. Was doing very well (top 10 the whoe way) until the blinds started forcing us to gamble more. As my stack dipped below average, I got my money in post-flop as a 2 to 1 favorite and the opponent hit his redraw when the board paired on the river. Ouch. PLO is hard.

I played in the WPBT O8B event which turned out to be about 20 players. I was doing well with 9 left and let is slip away, bubbling out in 5th. I lost a big hand to StaticKling but a more painful loss was losing a couple of big hands to the luckbox. He was on my left, and there was one hand that I actually had to freeze, go back to the hand histories and figure out where I blew it. Turns out I did not blow it so much as lady luck uses me as a scratching post. As does luckbox.

I was surprised over the last two weeks that I had this strange aversion to games other than hold em. I did not want to play a game where I was a rank beginner. Yet I played well in each of them, getting my money in ahead a majority of the time.

So, we'll see if I get to continue this hobby based on the internet gambling rider on the safe harbour act. We all know that shipping goods with contraband or lethal bombs in them is very similar to play $1/$2 internet poker and therefore I must respect the opinion of my government which, in its wisdom, knows what is best for me.

Of course, this is really an issue of TAX (or lack thereof).
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2006-10-02-online-gambling_x.htm

4 comments:

StatikKling said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
StatikKling said...

yea, but what if you do not beleive in the same religion as the Republican right? Fux0r3d.

I'm seriously thinking of leaving the US, the government is too corrupt. Anyone want to go millionths in a small island somewhere?

gadzooks64 said...

I have found a new love with non-holdem games.

Whenever my holdem luck goes south I usually find my non-holdem luck/skill/talent on the rise.

It's become my haven whenever the thought of being bubble bitch in yet another NLHE SNG makes me want to hurl.

columbo (at eifco dot org) said...

Again I thought I played a good PLO game. And no points. UGH.