Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Got Tilt?

Man, did I play lousy last night. Dropped $10 at low limit ring holdém and another 2 bucks playing omaha 8OB. I love omaha 8OB, mostly because I know what NOT to do. But for some reason, last night especially, I did it. I even called river bets in limit knowing I was probably 2nd best hand.

Poor play, poor patience, poor concentration. Good bankroll mgt though as I was smart enough to walk away quickly before I cut myself deeply. I have got to get back to the discipline of SnGs. They force you to committ and concentrate.

Concentration seems to be the key and if you can concentrate, walk away. Quickly.

I am STILL a much better SnG player than ring player. I am working on some things:

1. better opponent observations
2. never limping first to act
3. when a player bets the same amount of 4th street than they did on the flop (or less), coming over the top (popping them).
4. Folding AQ and AJ when its raised in front of me at a full table.
5. stop over valuing big pocket pairs after the flop. I went brok twice last week with an overpair.
6. When a player bets 1/2 pot on the flop and again on the turn, and then a scare card comes on the river and he checks... always check behind him without the nuts. Many people will try to induce a bluff when they hit their draw, pretending to be worried that YOU hit the draw. Ha.
7. Practice more Omaha 8ob. Here are the only hands I want to play in 8OB. 2suited with and ace and 2 other cards less than 8, preferrable a 2. Am I playing too tight? or is everyone else too loose? (this assumes a full table)
8. Fold on the flop in Omaha instead of on the turn, unless I have two pair, a set, or a nut draw. (I want to make a boat or a nut flush by the showdown.)

No comments: