Thursday, August 04, 2005

Tilt revisited

I am going to return to a phrase I coined earlier this year, "reverse tilt". I consider this a "psychological leak" as apposed to a technical leak in my game. It happens after I win a hand and I set my mind on being the table captain. When I do this, I play horribly until, ironically, I lose a hand. Then the tilt stops (assuming I am still in).

It's strange that I never tilt after a bad beat, I just tighten up and concentrate on crawling my way back. But when I win a big hand, I over value the victory.

I also seem to do this when I have won a big hand to get above average and then over time, you slide back to average. Not because you are playing bad, but because that is the way the cards come. So I try to force something to happen, a sort of frustration tilt.

I need to work on this leak if I am going to be successful with my "small ball" strategy of tournament play...

No comments: