Tuesday, March 06, 2007

nothing going right

or left. just down. I cant seem to win a frakin hand right now. Is is variance? Is it playing wrong? maybe. But I seem to be dominated WAY too much. AQ vs. KQ. or AJo flops TP but gets reraised. I call to see KJs and thus a flush draw vs TPTK. But an errand king on the river kills me, not even the flush.

It all started when I broke my code and decided to play a MMTT (mega mtt). for me that's anything over 6 tables. This was 750 players. I was so card dead, that I folded over 90% of the hands, and at level 4 had yet to see a pair or better than A9o. I finally threw all my chips in (in disgust) when I notice the avg chips stack was already at 5k and I had 1k left. I had QJ. The blinds turns over AK. The flop is AKx.

I must have called some kind of curse out. I am at a bit of a loss. I can even blow a chip lead now, being sloppy with my chips. I am not in the zone and need to find my parking space again.

2 comments:

The Micro Felt said...

I feel your pain. I went through a bad card stretch last night. Played two SNG's and didn't cash..and played a limit cash game where I won one pot...but still lost half my stack over the course of the session.

In one SNG, I got my money in with 8-8 and got called by 9-9. In the other (finished 4th), I got the money in with A-4, got called by Q-J and the flop came Jack high.

In my cash game, had pocket aces. A guy had pocket kings and, of course, got his set on the flop...I hope it's variance.

Anonymous said...

I still haven't figured out how to play MTTs. Hell I have trouble when our homegame sit n gos start with 12 people and thus 6 per table... shorthanded with tiny blinds..play tight or loose? Confused!

Oh I started the donkey challenge a few weeks ago. Finished in the money in 4 and lost 3, so starting over. A good challenge since Howard Lederer's suggested strategy is to just get in the money, as the difference between 4th and 3rd is so much greater than the other places.