Thursday, February 23, 2006

slip sliding away...

Lost my weekend profits on TWO hands. Two hands I am PROUD of. How often does that happen?

I play AA so well, I get a guy betting into me with KJ when the flop is K98. He thinks he is ahead! On the turn a 3 comes and he is still betting. I have 80% of his money in the pot and the river is a Jack. He moves all-in for his last 20%. It was a surreal moment, because just before the turn I thought of the one card I did NOT want to see, the jack. I make the crying call to see KJ. "I think I have to call" I said. He kept asking me what I meant. He NEVER knew, even after the showdown, that he was behind.

The second hand was a boat running into quads. I have always said, I will not lay down for the monster that is quads. If someone has it, I am going to pay it off. That is a profitable philosophy. But it did not work out today.

2 comments:

ChaseNFold said...

welcome to my world.

columbo (at eifco dot org) said...

I have lost more in the last 60 days than I have lost in the last two years. In most cases, I am ahead on the flop and behind at the showdown. Against a monster. What gives?