Tuesday, May 01, 2007

its been quite a week

Where do I start?!

A trip to Silicon Valley on work revealed that my new HQ is a scant 10 minutes from the Bay101 card room. I did NOT get a chance to get there my first visit to San Jose, but I intend to on the next trip. Expect a trip report...

The NFL draft took place this weekend and I am already sick of hearing about Randy Moss. Again. The LIONS continued into year 5 of their 2 year plan to

A: Install the West Coast Office
B: Get two dangerous receivers on the field
C: Be a tough team
D: Win more than 8 lousy games.

They have completely scrapped step A, as it turns out that A and C are not compatible. As for B, it took 4 draft picks to get two receivers. If first you dont succeed, pick again...

After a difficult couple of weeks struggling with weak play and poor finishes, I final tabled the HOY last night. I lost two big hands and was down to 859 chips and was VERY TILT-Y. I pushed three or four times and doubled up twice to get back to 3000 and a stacking stack size. From there, the chips slowly drifted my way as I hid in the wake of the Goat, who was the monster chip leader, two to my left. I played in pots he didn't and rode the wake up to the final table. At the end, it was him and I, and he had a big lead. I closed the gap and then my QQ ran into his AA on a ragged board and it was over. 2nd place. But, a good finish.

IF I really want to improve my game, I will do what HOYAZO does and go back and analyze my hands from last night and see why I did well instead of donk'n. But this morning, I have to get to work and the kids computer is busted and the lawn is not cut (continue infinitim).

4 comments:

Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Nice job, Ray. You are creeping and creeping up the Hoy leaderboard with that run last night. Wtg.

Julius_Goat said...

Rough deal for you to get queens when you did, man. I think if that didn't happen, you had the edge in our match-up.

Good game, sir.

jhazen said...

I live in San Jose, and played in a couple AIPS events with you last season. If you feel like doing a Columbo meetup next time you're out, feel free to send me an email.
<my-first-name>@<my-last-name>.net

I usually play at Garden City, but I'd be happy to meet you at Bay 101.

-John Hazen

Eric a.k.a. Bone Daddy said...

I played at the bay 101 when i was traveling last year, weirdest place ever, at the first break, there was a line for Cookies. Cookies, there are no cookies in poker.

must be a cali thing?