Wednesday, May 30, 2007

WPBT FAQ?

What is the WPBT?

World Poker Blogger Tour

How do I become a member?

Have a poker blog for longer than 1 post!

What are the benefits of being a member?

Precious few! BUT, the WPBT holds a monthly poker event and maintains a leaderboard for those events. And best of all, two of the events (one summer, one winter) are held live in Las Vegas. There is ZERO cost to membership other than the occasional (for some very occasional, you know who you are) post! Once a member, always a member.

What is going on in Vegas?

You need to read a past trip reports from attendees to do it justice.

What's going on at the Summer Vegas WPBT POKER-WISE then?

Well, Falstaff and I are going to play the $250 HORSE at Binions on Friday. (Please join us!) Friday night is mixed game chaos at the MGM card corral. The summer event on Saturday is a private NLHE tournament at the Orleans.

Where can I get more information?

Not sure there is any! But try the links at the right to the WPBT leaderboard, which can take you to the WPBT online events calendar (featuring the weekly events The Mookie and The Hoy at Full Tilt). There is also the "Battle of the Bloggers" leadboard maintained by AlCan'tHang. The rest you pick up as you go. Like a MMORPG only for poker bloggers.

Can I make any money being a blogger?
Are you kidding? Bloggers make tens of dollars every year!

3 comments:

gadzooks64 said...

I plan on making the mixed game at the MGM.

I know several people that plan to play the Binion's HORSE event as well. I will be doing the Binion's Ladies event on Saturday night.

I have a private HORSE tournament in the process of getting scheduled at the IP for Sunday near noon.

Hope to see you there!

columbo (at eifco dot org) said...

ok, make sure we touch base. I will be a definite at the Sunday IP HORSE!

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Um... this is so last minute but I want to play in the WPBT. Where do I get the password?

My blog is pokertachi.blogspot.com. My FTP sn is RecessRampage.