Saturday, April 09, 2005

viper poker

I am working on selected aggression, or what I call viper poker. Coiled and ready to strike, you wait for opportunities. Sometimes its cards, sometimes it is weakness. I use it at a SnG where only 1st pays. I tried it today and won a table! This is encouraging. But at the same time, I am out of my comfort zone. I'll have to see how this develops going forward, but being aggressive almost always betting a flop with at least a continuation bet and making a move on a pot when the turn is checked and you against 1 or at the most 2 opponents. It also involves a fairly daring river bet if you think a single caller missed a draw.

I think this is going to be more effective in larger tournaments where people want to play tight and wait for made hands. It also means seeing more flops without the Big Boys (big poket pairs) or AK.

No comments: